- I have not gotten the "Longitude" homework (questions) from: Henry, Will, Rosemary, Maxine
- I have not gotten project topics from: Griffin, Rosemary, Aidan, Marina, Owen
- due Monday: 1 page about your project topic with at least one diagram drawn by you. Use at least three different sources to research
- Due Weds: read, comment, ask questions and find at least 3 additional pieces of information about someone else's project (given to you on Monday).
- Due Fri: Final poster/display about your topic
- There will also be an assignment this week to find points on our globe we are making in class.
- In Class: we'll be going over the longitude questions from last week on Monday; watching the movie; working on the globe; and will probably go outside to work with GPS at least once.
- Project topics:
Kelsey: Sand Glass and time keeping without clocks
Leeya: Cross staff
Henry: Traverse board
Eden: Lead Line
Wren, Althea: Nocturnal
Anika: compass rose
Catherine: mariner’s compass
Sydney, Owen: reflecting circle (make sure you find out what you can about the “lunar distance method”
Wyatt, Jack: log line
Sam, Maxine: Sextant
Hannah: Viking sunstone compass
Marina: daylight savings time